Reports to the Executive Director and Intern Director. Works on Community Education & Outreach Coordination. Works with our spokespersons and in recruiting new spokespersons for our programs in the local community and nationally. Drives engagement through networking, marketing, and partnership development. The COI schedules and provides community presentations to build awareness and engagement within the local community and nationally. Works with sponsors on funding outreach programs.
- Recruit, screen, and train spokespersons in the local community and nationally.
- Assists Public Relations intern in completing the necessary applications for new campaigns.
- Schedule and provide community presentations to build awareness and engagement within the local community and nationally.
- Leveraging social media, networking, and partnering with the local community on events, conference presentations, and outreach.
- Monitor community issues, trends, and other factors that may impact program operations.
- Develop relationships with community members and leaders to position SAFE as an asset to the local community.
- Working with the marketing department, research and identify opportunities that support both brand building and marketing initiatives for SAFE.
- Works with Public Relations Intern in promoting upcoming events, campaigns, and speaking engagements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of local community and strong local personal network required.
- Professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanor.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including persuasion and negotiation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Experience working with digital and social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).
BY THE END OF THIS TRAINING THE TRAINEE WILL HAVE LEARNED TO:
• Add real world professional Community Outreach experience to their educational credentials.
• Improve their knowledge and skills in numerous aspects of Community OutreachWeb Development.
• Compile a portfolio of completed assignments at the end of the internship.
• Participate as part of a team, on shared assignments and projects.
• Work on a strict deadline.
• Build relationships through various networking channels.
• Utilize teamwork skills.